20th October 2020
Winter Bucket List
Looking for an incredible winter bucket list of things to do in North Devon while you wait for spring and summer to return to your life? Take a look at this! After plenty of research, using our local knowledge and personally trying out all activities mentioned, we’ve compiled the ultimate winter bucket list.
North Devon is the perfect playground for doing what you love. Be it spending time with the loved ones, walking the coast path, eating out with friends, or exploring stunning local gardens - we can guarantee you won't be bored this winter.
Here is your must-do things for this winter!
See the garden glow on the winter nights with dazzling illuminations to light the way on their enchanting festive trail.
Pre-book and use code from reception to get tickets for just £8
2. Take in our independent shops
Barnstaple is perfect for those who love shopping in independent stores, a great excuse for a bit of retail therapy but giving back to the small businesses.
Barnstaple has the following shops, which we recommend checking out this winter:
- Just Jo
- Pannier Market open daily except for sundays.
- Carol Anne Jewellery
- James Bishop Jewellers
- Pots and Pan's
All these are near the high street in Barnstaple, ranging from an independent department store to quirky gift shops...perfect to get started on some Christmas shopping or just a treat to yourself.
3. Take a coastal walk
Grab your wellies or walking shoes, wrap up warm with your coat, scarf, gloves and hat and explore North Devon, just because it is a bit colder doesn't make it any less stunning. We are situated near the South West Coastal Path walk, no matter what your experience.
4. For the kids
Although some of the attractions locally are closing this winter, there are still plenty of things for them to do including the following;
- Visit Air Extreme the ultimate trampoline park in Devon.
- Wrap up warm with wellies, hats and coats and take a walk along Saunton sands beach followed by a hot chocolate in Beachside Grill where you will get 10% off by showing them your key card for The Barnstaple Hotel.
- Take a visit to either St John's Garden Centre or Ashford Garden Centre - perfect for a wet winter afternoon, full of festive spirit, you will leave feeling very Christmasy.
5. Visit some iconic villages and soak up their culture
Join us at The Barnstaple Hotel this winter for a luxury escape. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just need an excuse to escape the daily stresses of everyday life, we’re the perfect base for your next break.