Spa / Health Club Assistant
Permanent - Full Time (37.5)
Closing date: 31st August 2022
Salary: £9.50-£10.00 per hourApply
As a Health Club Assistant, you will assist in the running of a member-only leisure facility. You will aid members through their fitness journey, whether that be providing tips or simply aiding their use of machines as well as carrying out admin duties. Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in North Devon, whilst expanding your knowledge and skills in a flourishing workplace environment.
What will I be doing?
As a Health Club Assistant at the Barnstaple Hotel Leisure Club, you will be the first point of contact for members. You’ll offer a warm welcome, making yourself available and approachable to members should they need your assistance. You’ll communicate with potential members, giving them information and help guide them through the signing-up process. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Welcoming guests and members with a friendly face at all times, signing them in and out of the club
- First point of contact for all guest enquiries via telephone, email, face-to-face and social media
- Depending on the shift pattern you may be responsible for opening /closing the club
- Cleaning duties including swimming pool testing and maintaining equipment
- Processing Membership sign-ups
- Liaising with all departments including the management team
- Taking payments and processing memberships and member sessions
- Taking orders and serving food and beverages.
- Maintaining public areas to a high standard of cleanliness
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as a Health Club Assistant at Health Club, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn on the job
- Commitment to developing a thorough knowledge of products and health club membership packages
- Previous experience in a similar environment and role would be beneficial but not essential
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with people
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to follow instructions and guidance, whilst also using your own initiative
What’s in it for me?
There are plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!