Permanent - Full Time (30-40)
Closing date: 31st August 2022
Salary: £9.75 per hourApply
Deadline to apply:
As a Bar Person, you will be responsible for assisting the Bar Manager in the profitable and efficient running of the bar. You will need to ensure good stock rotation and control and maintain good customer relationships at all times. Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. Flexible working is available with various shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in Barnstaple
What will I be doing?
As a Bar Person at The Barnstaple Hotel, you are responsible for providing efficient service to guests being the personality behind the beer pumps and the expert on our drinks menu. You'll inject your personality every moment you’re with our guests so that they love to come back time and time again. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare the bar area for day to day business
- Ensure that you have great knowledge of the drinks menu and bar offering
- Ensure adequate stocks of every product in bars
- Ensure good stock of clean glasses at all times
- Ensure a friendly and professional guest experience.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role at the Barnstaple Hotel, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adhere to uniform requirements.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in a team
Although previous experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
What’s in it for me?
There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts Brend Hotels when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!