Hotel Assistant Manager
Permanent - Full Time (45)
Closing date: 27th May 2022
The Barnstaple Hotel is a busy, corporate business with a private health club. The hotel is renowned for exceptional standards and excellent customer service.
We are looking for as Assistant Manager to join our established team. You will need to be an experienced all-rounder in the hospitality industry.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager
Location ; Barnstaple
Hotel; The Barnstaple Hotel
Salary ; 24-28k depending on experience
Closing date; 30/05/22
Assistant Mangers will assist in the efficient and profitable running of the Hotel whilst offering the highest level of personal and attentive service. Assistant Managers will be required to assist in all Departments of the Hotel, deputising for absent staff and supervisors and in some cases, running smaller Departments.
Junior Assistant Managers will ensure the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are always demonstrated within all areas of the Hotel and are required to be able to lead by example.
ASSISTANT MANAGERS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following include and are not limited to; -
- Staff; Supervise and assist staff in their duties in a professional manner in keeping with their position.
- Service; Ensure a pleasant and polite service is provided to all the Hotel’s guests. Assist with the complaints procedure if necessary. Organise and/or assist in all in-house entertainment.
- Stock; Where necessary take responsibility for any stock/equipment in line with Hotel procedure.
- Premises; Ensure premises are maintained internally and externally whilst ensuring that all hygiene and security procedures are followed.
- Monetary; Ensure that all procedures are observed with regard to the handling of any monies.
- Personal Requirements; Maintain an exceptional neat and tidy appearance, adhering to the Company / Hotel uniform standards at all times. Maintaining a professional behaviour at all times.
- Legislation: Adhere to all Health and Safety, Fire Safety , Food Safety, General Data Protection Regulations and any other relevant legislation where required, at all times.
- Other Duties; Perform any other reasonable tasks as and when required.
Must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Team player with excellent initiative
- Good general standard of education and preferably a relevant Hospitality qualification
- Previous Hotel/Restaurant experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
Level of English at Level C2 (CEFR) or above
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and benefit from various benefits including share of tips, staff discounts across the estate, free meals and uniform. Also further qualification offered with genuine career progression.